A schoolhouse that has stood the test of time with several incarnations as an educational institution, opening in 1850 as the High School of Hobart Town, becoming the University of Tasmania in 1892, and subsequently used by a variety of Tasmanian educational institutions, it became known as Domain House in the 1970s and was returned to the University of Tasmania in 2012.
Address: Queen’s Domain, Hobart
Building specs: Type: School. Year Built: Opened in 1850 and 2015. Architects: Alexander Dawson (opened 1850), Cumulus Studio in association with heritage architects Paul Johnston and Peter Freeman (2015).