Once the state’s largest flour mill, Gibson’s City Flour Mill on Morrison Street is now home to boutique apartments, offices, a restaurant and café. Three generations of Gibsons ran the mill – all named William – from its beginning in 1864 until its eventual closure in 1979. Over the years the Gibsons milled flour and stock feed, becoming the largest and longest-lived flour miller in Tasmania. Step behind the 1890s Morrison Street façade and take in the light filled atrium and soaring timber walls.

Address: 17 Morrison St, Hobart

Highlights: Heritage facade, timber block wall, timber spiral chutes

Building specs: Type: Mill. Year Built: 1860s. Architects: Unknown, 1 plus 2 Architecture


[mc4wp_form id="1703"]