St George’s Battery Point is one of the earliest Anglican churches in Tasmania. The original neo-classical building was completed in 1838 to a design by John Lee Archer. The convict architect James Blackburn designed its two distinctive additions: the 1847 tower and the 1888 portico.
Address: 30 Cromwell St, Battery Point TAS
Highlights: Greek-Revivalist style church, heritage listed
Building specs: Year Built: 1838. Architects: John Lee Archer and James Blackburn