Image: Unknown

Opened on the 17 September 1987, the Tasports Tower was designed to oversee the entire port and manage the arrival and departure of all ships. It is still used as the main observation point for all under-bridge crossings and is the office/staff room for the sea pilots. The height of the tower from ground level to roof sits 36.0m above sea level.


Address: Hunter St, Hobart

Highlights: Unsurpassed views of Hobart’s working waterfront.

Building specs: Type: Observation Tower. Year Opened: 1987. Architect: Phillip Lighton, Floyd & Beattie. Engineers: Johnston McGee & Gandy.


[mc4wp_form id="1703"]